Justin also ran as part of a relay team with Micah (our neighbor) and his brothers. They placed 18th out of 120 guys teams. Needless to say, they were much faster than we were. Good job guys!!!
The one thing I regret is that we did not get a team picture. There was a lot going on at the end of the race (including lost car keys and my bus getting lost), so it just didn't happen. Overall, it was a great day! I'm not sure what I expected, but it really was a lot of fun. There are tons of people out there cheering you on and the other runners were very friendly. My favorite sign of the day said "Keep running, you look so skinny!". Haha...that one made me smile :)
On Monday morning Kristin, Danielle, and I were on the video announcements at school to talk about the race. All of our students thought we won the race since we had medals, haha.
Here we are in our marathon shirts and medals.
Justin thinks he is going to train for a half marathon next and I think I am going to work on my poster making skills to cheer him on. 13 miles is just too much running for me!



I love it!!! We DID win! That is awesome!! Jeremy says he wants to run the half with justin...haha
ReplyDelete