Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

Good Friday was a snow make up day for my school, and it was also Pet Day! All the teachers brought their pets to school, so Reese got to come for the entire day! He has come before as a reward for one of the students in my class and LOVES it. He is so good with all the kids and of course loves playing with the other dogs.


As much as he loves coming to school, it is exhausting for him! He is somewhat of a celebrity at my school (especially with the special needs children) so he is constantly on the go. Once we got home he went straight to the couch for a nap.


Saturday morning Justin and I slept in and then I cooked a southern style breakfast for us. It was delicious!! We usually eat cereal or toast for breakfast, so this was a nice treat.


I spy something brown who wants a piece of bacon...


Easter morning we went to church and heard an awesome sermon by our pastor, then everyone came to our house for lunch. We love this tradition and enjoyed having everyone over at our house. I only got 3 pictures though (I know...shame on me). When we decided to take pictures, my dad and grandparents had already changed out of their church clothes, Nate & Tosha weren't here yet, and Brad, Evonne both blinked in the group family picture that I did take. I also forgot to take a picture of the table before everyone started eating, but oh well! Here is what I ended up with

Our family :)


Alesha, Me, and Mom


Justin and Chelsea


Regardless of the number of pictures, we had a great time!

In other news, our grass has started growing in the back yard!! It has been a slow process but it is looking great!


I am also proud to announce that the Knights are the Champions!! They won 1st place in their league, and couldn't be more excited! I think it has a lot to do with all of their fans ;). I also have to give some credit to their "team mom" (aka- my mom) for her excellent book keeping skills and for keeping the umps on their toes. No one is batting out of order, using an illegal bat, or getting an extra run on her watch!



Can't wait to watch them play this summer!!

We have also had lots of rain and thunderstorms the past few weeks. While we are grateful for the rain, I could do without the thunder, lightning and hail. So could Reese. He HATES it and seems to seek shelter in the safest place he can find...

My lap!!

I know you're probably thinking "aw...poor baby" or "that's so cute". That did cross my mind for about the first 10 minutes, but once I start to lose feeling in my legs the cuteness goes away. He is such a scardie cat!

Well, I think that's all for now! I hope everyone had a great Easter!

3 comments:

  1. love your easter dress! and you and your mom look so much alike! i wish our school had pet day. brooklyn would love it! thank you for your nice comment on my blog! i am hanging in there, but just barely because i don't get very much sleep these days! and send your orders in...i would love to make you something on mine and erica's machine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress! I'm glad you had a great Easter. Reese is so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Reese really wanted a piece of bacon!! hahaha that was a hilarious I Spy picture!

    ReplyDelete