Tuesday, December 6, 2011

White Rock Marathon

Justin and I both ran in the White Rock Marathon again this year. Justin ran the entire marathon and I ran a 5 mile leg of the relay. It was freezing cold and rained the entire time. Not exactly ideal running weather (or any outdoor weather for that matter), but we made it!

Here we are all bundled up that morning




The race started and ended in Fair Park so that is where my running team met that morning.


Me, Alyssa, Courtney and Audra
*Yes, we are all wearing ponchos to keep from getting soaked while we waited for our turn to run

And one more picture of Justin and I before we went our seperate ways


I ran my 5 miles in 47 minutes which is a personal best for me. When I finished Brad, Evonne and Chelsea were there (with two LARGE mugs of hot chocolate) to pick me up and take me to the finish line so we could watch for Justin.


*I will admit that this is not my best look due to the fact I am soaking wet, but here I am finishing my leg of the race.

This is Courtney finishing up for our team. Can you tell that she was excited to be finished? Haha, I love this picture!



Justin finished his 26.2 miles in 4 hours and 36 minutes. He was wet and a little sore but he did it!





Here is his offical time sheet from the race officials.


After getting our medals we met up with Brad, Evonne and Chelsea again for some pictures and some lunch.





Justin and I are both glad that we did this, but have decided to sign up for some warmer runs in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment