Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Where has summer gone??

Summer has flown by! I can't believe that I go back to work next week. It feels like I just got the hang of my new summer routine, and now its time to go back to school already! Here is what we have been up to since my last post.

I got to go down town to eat lunch with my friend Courtney and see where she works! It was so great to get to see her for a little break in the day. This picture wasn't taken in her office, but these are all of the fabrics she is using on a project. Let's just say she is very busy!!


While running some errands I saw this plaid Smart Car so I decided to take a quick picture. In my opinion these cars are not so smart. If you were to get in a wreck while driving this you would be smashed instantly! I think I would feel better riding my bike than driving around in this. Not to mention you can only fit two people in the car and there is zero room for any type of luggage (or large purse for that matter). And the plaid paint job just made me laugh...



I have also been able to get in a few good naps with Reese.




This picture was taken one night right before bed. I got in bed first and Reese jumped right in Justin's spot. When Justin came in our room this is what he saw..

Haha! If I could read Reese's mind I would guess he was saying "What?? You should've been in here sooner! This is my spot now."

A couple of weekends Justin and I went to see Chelsea play in a softball tournament. They won first place!


After her game Chelsea came to spend a few days with us! Reese was so excited to see Chelsea and even slept with her at night.


During the week Chelsea came with me during the day to help me babysit. The kids loved having her over, and I loved having the help! We stayed very busy...

We saw Rio in 3D


Beckham decided to teach Chelsea how to play T-Ball (because she plays softball, so she obviously knows nothing about T-Ball). It was very funny to watch him create his own rules as the game went on. Chelsea was such a good sport!


Blair decided to cruise around in her cop car to make sure things in their neighborhood were safe.


Later that afternoon Justin and Chelsea went to the rec center to play basketball and run around. They always have so much fun playing sports together. Once they got back we ate dinner and went to get snow cones. They were delicious!




We were having so much fun with Chelsea here, but it came time for us to take her back home so she could start another tournament. We finished out our week with an at home movie night. Reese and his girlfriend Jasmine decided to join us.


There wasn't enough room for all of us on the couch for long though, so Reese got down and made himself comfy on the floor. Jasmine on the other hand, decided there was plenty of room for her to squeeze in next to us.



On Thursday of last week the Knights played their last game of the season. This week Justin had 2 extra fans...Blair and Beckham! They were SO excited to come to see Justin play and were both big "hits" with the other fans in the stands.

Beckham made two new friends- Lexi and Grace :)

*Reese didn't come because Blair is a little scared of him and we didn't think she would be too excited about him riding next to her in the back seat. It was also 100 degrees outside.

Blair sat next to my dad in the dog free zone and chatted the night away! He was in good company ;)


The top row


After the game Justin took the kids to run the bases with him. They ran them twice and upon reaching home plate the last time Beckham slid "just like Justin". Haha...



On our way to the car Beckham asked my dad if he could "drive his motorcycle". This is as close as he got.


We spent last weekend hanging out with some friends! We had dinner at Cheesecake Factory and then head out to Allen Bowl. We had lots of fun bowling and watching all the people who were also there bowling. The people watching was almost as good as what you can see in the airport. People of every shape and size with every type of clothes and friends. Haha...it was a great night!

The Dials


Us


The Eads


The girls-Yes, Courtney and Whitney bowled in skirts. They are hard core...


Yesterday I got to meet Kinsley Rea Wilson! She is the sweet bundle of joy that belongs to my friend Danielle and her husband Shane. Kinsley made her arrival a little earlier than planned, but is still as precious as can be!




Born: August 1,2011
5 lb 14 oz
19 inches long

In other news, the temperatures have been EXTREMELY high here making it hard to stay cool. We are close to breaking the record of the most triple digit days in a row in Texas, and it is a record I would prefer to see go unbroken. Triple digits + no rain = a really good reason to stay inside. People haven't even been able to cool off in their swimming pools because the water is hot too. Not only do you feel like your in a hot tub, but the risk of getting a 3rd degree sun burn or having a heat stroke just isn't worth it. Even I have been staying inside (and I love to lay out).

Here is this week's forecast.


I think this cartoon says it all...


Here's to the last week of summmer! I hope everyone can enjoy what is left of it!!

2 comments:

  1. wow, so much happened! I love that Chelsea learned how to play t-ball, lol. I'm sad that summer is almost over. You guys are sweet to kids. I wish we were there to run bases with Justin. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious baby! Tell Danielle congrats for me!!!

    ReplyDelete