Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Week of School Recap, Homemade Cheesecake, and Last Blast of Summer

This past week was filled with all the excitement of the first week of school. It was a WONDERFUL week and I am loving getting to know each of my students. My dad also reminded me this week that this is my 19th year of school, haha. Lets just say I'm dedicated... I got this picture from a student on Wednesday.


In case you are wondering, this is me. I was wearing a blue dress that day :)

Last week I also decided to try my hand at homemade cheesecake. Cheesecake is Justin's favorite dessert so I decided I should make it a part of my recipe box.

Ta-da! It was delicious and not nearly as hard as I thought it would be!


Friday night we went with some friends of ours to the KSCS "Last Blast of Summer" Concert at the Glass Cactus in Grapevine. Justin and I got tickets a few weeks ago and jumped at the chance to go to a FREE concert! Thats the best kind of ticket right? It was so much fun! There was lots of people watching, a fireworks show and great music!

Whitney and I before the concert


At the concert...










Today we had a great time of worship at church followed by a full day of errands and laundry. Now it is time to relax before another full week starts!

Did I mention that we are also getting very excited about football season around here? Even Reese is showing his Tech spirit!


2 comments:

  1. Such a cute drawing. :) You look great in the concert pics!! Glad you are having such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so pretty in your concert pictures! love the drawing of you!

    ReplyDelete