Now let me start off by saying that mowing has never been a chore assigned to me and it proved to be MUCH harder than I thought. Here is how my afternoon went:
Step 1- Inspect the lawn mower. I'm not exactly sure what I was looking for, but Justin does this so I thought this was a good start. Reese stood in the garage watching me and let out several moans of disapproval.
Step 2- Google "How to Start A Lawn Mower"
Step 3- Get going!
When I started it was 98 degrees outside yet it seemed to be very "doable" in my mind. With every step I took the lawn mower seemed to gain 5 lbs, the temperature seemed to go up 5 degrees, and so my thought process went from "doable" to "I already started". While I was mowing I did receive some funny comments. An older man walked by as I was tying my shoe and commented that "my dad must be really lucky to have his daughter mowing the yard on Father's Day Weekend". I just smiled and said that "yes, my dad was very lucky". A couple of teenage boys also came by on skooters and asked me how much I would charge to mow their yard. As sweat ran into my eyes and my once completely tanned shoulders began to get a tank top tan line I sarcastically told them $1,000. I guess they got the hint, because they just smiled and skootered off down the street.
The entire time I was mowing I was trying to remember who at one point in time told me that mowing the yard was just like vacuuming your living room. WRONG! Never have I vacuumed my living room and finished covered in grass/dirt/sweat, I know for a fact my vacuum weighs less that our lawn mower, and it also has an on/off button that makes it much easier to start. The things you do for love... (and a little free time)
In the end the yard looked fantastic and I looked like I had been beaten with a dirty towel.
In the end it was worth the extra hour of free time Justin and I had together, but no...I don't plano on doing this on a regular basis :)



lol, great post! That was so nice of you!! Be happy you are still mistaken for a kid; I stopped getting those comments when I hit 28 or so. Now, I feel old!!
ReplyDeleteI love it! So sweet! I mowed the lawn once and had all of those same emotions. Getting the thing started was the hardest part. Josh sweetly told me to never do it again haha.
ReplyDeleteha ha ha! hilarious!!! and erica's comment about being mistaken for a kid was hilarious too!
ReplyDeleteI love that the old man asked if you were mowing for your dad!!! One day... haha. I was buying flowers at Calloways and they asked if it was for my moms flower beds...! haha Im so proud of you!!
ReplyDelete