Monday, June 13, 2011

Homemade Snickerdoodles

Last weekend I got into a "baking mood" and decided to try my hand at homemade snickerdoodles. They turned out great were delicious!!


Here is the recipe...

Ingredients
1 1/2 c. white sugar
1 c. butter, softened
1 egg
1 egg white
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions
1. In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter until fluffy. Add egg and egg white; beat well. Stir together flours, soda, and salt. Beat into creamed mixture.

2. In a small box combine two tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into walnut sized balls and roll in cinnamon sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.

3. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies will puff up and flatten as they bake. Cool on wire racks.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. If only I had an egg in my fridge right now I would be making these tonight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so good! I will try them!

    ReplyDelete