Monday, March 7, 2011

Emma

Last Friday I took a personal day so I could get some stuff done. I can never seem to get all of my errands and appointments done one the weekends, so sometimes I just need a day to myself. That morning I got up early (even though I REALLY wanted to sleep in), ran the majority of my errands, and then went to pick up Emma. It was a last minute decision but I am so glad I got to spend some time with her. Their family is moving to Kansas on Tuesday and since Susan (her mom) had been sick, we hadn't been able to see each other.

I went to get Emma and although she was very excited when she saw me, the first words out of her mouth were "Hi! Where's Justin?". I told her he was at work and she immediately suggested we "go to see him right now". So, we loaded up and headed out!

So excited to go see Justin!


We got to Justin's office and the receptionist called and told Justin he had a FedEx delivery and needed to come sign for it. He was so surprised to see Emma and I in the office waiting for him! She jumped and danced around when she saw him! It was very cute to watch :)

He took Emma on a tour of his office. If he started heading somewhere she didn't think looked interesting, she would tell him "no...lets go this way".

*This is not the best picture, but it took several tries to get a decent one. She didn't want to stay in his lap because there were so many things to look at!

It was fun to go surprise him, but since it was a work day he actually had to get some work done. He walked Emma and I back to my car, but on her way out of the office she told a guy Justin's works with "Peace Out!" (hand sign included). It was hilarious!

We left Justin's office and went to have lunch with my mom. The weather was looking a little rainy so we decided to stay home to eat. Emma loved eating while getting to watch her "shows". This picture is a little blurry because she started dancing to a commercial :)


On our way home from lunch with my mom Emma told me "Holley you need a nap, Reese need a nap, and I need to watch a movie". Ha! Although a nap sounded wonderful to me, I decided that we should probably "rest" together just in case.


And after a little Emma finally gave in...

And let's be honest, so did I :)

Our nap ended and soon Justin was home from work with some pizza for dinner. She loved it because Justin brought it (naturally) and ate almost an entire piece all by herself!

Justin and Emma quickly finished eating so they could go play outside with Reese. She likes watching Reese fetch the ball so that was considered playing to her. When they were done playing outside she came inside and gave me this flower (aka weed). She was so proud and kept insisting that I "smell it".


After dinner we decided to take Emma out to Watters Creek. It's a fun area by our house with restaurants, shopping, and a mini "creek". It's very family friendly, but also has great shopping.

Side note- On our way to Watters Creek Emma yelled really loud from the back seat "LOOK AT THAT!!!". It was a McDonalds, haha! They sure know what they are doing when it comes to marketing. She recognized it from pretty far away.

Here are Justin and Emma talking about the different colored flowers and smelling them.


Playing with the "kids" by the water with Justin.


Emma told Justin that she needed to "ride this duck". As you can imagine, she was a little disappointed when it didn't go very fast.

She told Justin that it was "stuck". He told her it didn't move and she looked a little sad. She then asked to feed it because according to her "this duck SO hungry".

Well, the duck didn't get any food, but we did! Justin and I took Emma to Paciugo's for some gelato (fancy ice cream). We LOVED our Peanut butter Chocolate Chip Gelato :)


After our gelato had to take Emma home :(. We went to the Bishop's house to see Gene & Susan (Emma's parents) and Ryan, Haley & Case. It was good to get to see everyone, but it was sad to say good-bye. I guess Justin and I will have to make a trip to Kansas soon!

2 comments:

  1. she is the cutest little girl ever!!! i just love her big bow!!!! lets be honest...all my dogs have big bows so im sure all my children one day will have big bows...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that she's moving! I'm glad you guys got to have a day with her before she left. She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete