Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Weekend

Justin and I had a great Valentine's Day Weekend. Friday night we went to dinner and then did a little shopping as our date night out. It was great to get to spend some quality time together OUT OF THE HOUSE! Those snow days were wonderful, but I was getting a little tired of sitting at home.

Saturday morning Justin and Ty went to play football with the guys while I did a little shopping for some family and friends who have birthdays coming up. That night we babysat together for a sweet little boy and girl. They LOVED Justin and had a great time playing with him. After a LONG game of soccer ball Hide-And-Seek (where you hide a ball instead of yourself) and pizza for dinner, it was time to play with Tinker Toys! I think Justin was more excited than the kids ;)

Emily requested that Justin build her a stroller for her baby dolls and he went straight to work! This is him working on the second version of the stroller. The first one she didn't like because there was no seat belt :)


Miles was helping...


While the boys worked on that, Emily and I made a "Valentine's Day House". This is the house while still in progress. I didn't get a completed house picture, but trust me, it turned out beautifully! Cupid would be lucky to have a house this nice!


Here is the final product! I didn't realize I was married to such a talented guy!


Sunday morning we went to church and then out to lunch with some friends. We decided to go to Schlotzsky's, and have I ever mentioned how much we LOVE Schlotzsky's? I was so excited to go there! After lunch with went with our friends Jeremy and Shannon (and their Beagle, Emmitt) out to White Rock Lake. The weather was perfect for a long walk and some fresh air!





We came home and planned to go get a car wash, but apparently we weren't the only people with this idea. The lines were extrememly long so they had already closed when we got there. I was really bummed because the inside of our cars were not looking good, so Justin and I borrowed our neighbors shop-vac and went to work! I vacuumed and Justin used Armor All on the hard surfaces. About an hour later we had two clean cars (atleast on the inside). I guess it was a blessing in disguise that the car washes were closed. Justin and I got to spend some time together, it didn't take nearly as long as if we would have waited at the car wash, and it was FREE! I'm hoping that I can drive through a $5 wash one day this week to get the outside rinsed off.

On actual Valentine's Day we had a HUGE class party at school. The kids were hyper all day long and really excited to pass out their cards/candy. In the end I came home with quite the pile of goodies myself. I think Justin and I are going to be eating chocolate from little heart shaped boxes for the next year! Out of all of my gifts from my kids, this one was my absolute favorite!

In case you can't tell, the vase is filled with Valentine's Day pencils and the flowers are fake so I can leave them out on my desk fo a really long time.


I was excited that one of the room mom's decided to let us do "Fruit Kabobs" as one of the snacks! I suggested this when we were talkng to the parents who were planning the party because I know not a lot of my kids eat much fruit at home. Hopefully it will off set all the other candy, cupcakes, etc.

Since we already went on an offical "Valentines Day Date" we stayed home on Monday. I cooked dinner and we ate on our wedding China. It was very romantic, and also nice to be home together and not out waiting in an endless line somewhere to be seated.



Hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day!!

2 comments:

  1. wow, you guys had more like a "valentine week rather than a valentine day" i LOVE it! life is so much fun...we should have more holidays to have celebrations for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some time in my day to do half of the stuff you did!I love the pencil vase! Great idea! I'm glad you had so much fun and sorry you're not feeling well this weekend.

    ReplyDelete