Pet Day
A few weeks ago we had staff pet day at school and needless to say, Reese was a hit! He LOVED being around my students and they loved him being here. He would walk from table to table and sit next to a student until they would pet him. If they didn't pet him after a few minutes he would put his head on their lap and let out a sigh. That usually did the trick! He got to go to recess, PE, and also on several walks outside each time with a different student holding his leash.
That afternoon we had a pet parade outside and Reese had the loudest cheering section by far! This was one time that I was so proud of the extreme volume my students can produce.
At the end of the day were watching a science video and I looked up and could not find Reese (he's not hard to miss). I knew he couldn't have left the room so I asked my student where he was and they responded with "Shh...he's sleeping!". That is exactly what he was doing. Sleeping in the middle of all of my students while they watched the movie. It was really cute. After a fun day at school, Reese slept the entire way home and then the rest of the night. I've never seen him so tired.
Here are some pictures from our day
Cake
I can't believe I forgot to post a picture of the cake we had when people came over to help us move. It was really yummy and also very cute. I ordered it from a place called Sweet Art Bakery. If you're ever looking for a cute cookie, cupcake, cake, or other sweet treat you should check out her website. They are DELICIOUS! www.sweetartbakery.com
TAKS Test
The TAKS Test will be here next week which means all we are doing is reviewing what we have learned this year. It is encouraging to see how much some students remember, but quickly becomes frustrating when a student says "we've never learned this". Slowly but surely they are all coming around and things are looking up. I'm just praying that all of the lightbulbs I have seen come on this week will stay on the whole way through the test :)
Here is what my rooms looks like during the tests. I can't have ANYTHING on the walls that might help the students on the test, so I have to cover it all up with sheets. Boring isn't it?
Possessed Printer
Here is what my printer does if there is a paper jam or if it runs out of paper. Once I get it fixed it starts printing out crazy things like this. It makes no sense and isn't even words. I usually have to end up turning everything off, unplugging my printer, and then waiting about 25 minutes for it to "calm down". Does this happen to anyone else out there, or am I the lucky winner?
Flower
One of my students brought me the most beautiful rose yesterday! He ran into my room about 30 seconds tardy and yelled, don't mark me tardy I brought you a flower!! Apparently he couldn't get to my room as quickly as he planned because he was trying not to spill the water my flower was in. Isn't it pretty?
Ok, I'm feeling caught up now. I will try to be better about getting things posted as they happen. Hope you're having a great week!



Wow! A lot has been going on. What a cute cake!! Good luck with taks testing!
ReplyDelete