Tuesday, January 19, 2010

DNOW Weekend in Review

Justin and I worked with some amazing students this weekend! Not only did we have some great group time diving into the word of God, but we also had a lot of fun (and I saw my group of girls consume more pizza rolls than I ever thought humanly possible).

Part of our weekend included a service project. We went to downtown Dallas and worked at Cornerstone Baptist Church. They needed some trees planted, so we all pitched in and helped...even the girls! Our group decided we would try to plant one tree all on our own, but quickly realized that even 7 very strong willed girls could not lift a 300lb tree. So we teamed up with the guys and planted 4 trees (out of the 9 there were total). I was so proud to see the seniors working hard and with great attitudes! Such great examples for the younger grades.







On Saturday night there is always a skit competition, and this year Justin's group (the senior boys) won by a land slide. There skit was so funny, mainly because of the boys in the group. They did a Titanic parody. Here is the YouTube link if you want to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW4SlwFd-oY

Now if we can only get caught up on sleep...











2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great time! I'm sure the kids loved hanging out with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing you both are doing for the youth at your church. I know this is both of your calling.
    I just wish as Justins dad that I kept him out of sports and gave him dancing lessons instead.
    Great Job kids

    ReplyDelete