We started off the break with a late Saturday morning trip to get donuts. Reese got to come too (and ride in the front seat).
Monday morning Reese had his yearly check up at the vet. He is always very excited to get in the car to go somewhere, but as soon as he smells the vet he gets even more excited to stay IN the car instead of go inside. Once he is in there he is fine, I think it's just the smell. I can smell the vet before walking in and his nose it WAY stronger than mine, so I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be for him.
Anyway, we went inside to what seemed like a zoo. It was very crowded! Just as we found a place to sit and wait, the Parrot that lives at the vet clinic started whistling a song. Almost every dog stopped moving and started watching him. About the time all the dogs were calm and watching the parrot perform, this parrot let out the most realistic (and loud) BARK! It surprised all the people and set off every dog in there. It was hilarious!! I wish I had it on video. Apparently, this bird does this often because he mimics all the sounds he hears.
After the barking parrot incident Reese decided to sit as close to me as possible. Just in case...
*the parrot was in the white cage, but close to the top so you can't see him in this picture
The rest of Reese's appointment went great. He weighed in at 62.5lbs and the vet said he was a "very healthy barrel chested Boxer". She even commented on the cleanliness of his teeth saying that she had never seen a Boxer his age with such clean teeth. I left there one proud momma!!
When we got home Reese had a play date with his girlfriend Jasmine. Well, apparently the shots he got made him VERY sleepy so he wasn't much fun. I walked into the room and saw this...
Shane, Julie (Justin's cousin) and Tyler came to Dallas late Sunday night and we got to spend the week with them! Shane has already started working here in Dallas, so Julie and Tyler came down to visit and begin the house hunt process. The three of us spent the days together and when Justin and Shane got off work we were able to all hang out together.
Tuesday night went to see the Allen American's Hockey team play. This was Tyler's first hockey game and he had a blast!!
Justin and Tyler
The Whole Group- I promise we weren't the only ones there. We just didn't have people sitting behind us :)
On Wednesday Justin's Aunt JoAnn and his cousin Katy came in town. While they were here we did a little shopping and looked at more houses/neighborhoods with Julie. One night Julie and Shane went to a work dinner so we took Tyler and Katy to feed the ducks. They had a great time!
When we left the park we went to Braum's for ice cream. Tyler LOVED his blue birthday cake ice cream :).
The rest of the time at home Reese, Tyler and Katy ran all over our house playing chase. It was so funny to watch them all run around. I'm not sure who had more fun!
Over the break Justin and I also had our 3 year wedding anniversary! I can't believe it has already been 3 years! It doesn't seem that long ago!!

We are going out to dinner this weekend to celebrate since last week was busy.
Happy Spring!!!



You're so good at thinking of fun things to do!! Love it alll!
ReplyDelete