Today as I was getting ready to teach our Bible lesson, I sat in my pink "teacher chair" and had my class sitting on the floor in front of me. I opened my book while having a serious talk about Jesus and the disciples at the Last Supper (the story from yesterday) when a scorpion came climbing out of the book and into my lap! Unfortunately, as you can imagine, I did not react in a calm professional matter. I instead SCREAMED at the top of my lungs and flipped my skirt up and down until it went flying off into the group of students sitting at my feet. My entire class of 19 started screaming and running around the room right as my principal came walking in to observe me...great. I told her there was a scorpion in my Bible lesson and her response was "this is such a great experience to write about". Obviously not my first reaction, but that is easy to say if you're not the one with a scorpion in your lap. As I tried to keep my composure, my class was still a riot and one boy was shouting "the smaller it is, the more poisonous it is...I read it in a library book!" (although that is true, facts are not always comforting in moments of panic). I saw a male teacher walking through the hallway and flagged him down to come catch this stupid thing. He caught him in a glass jar then told me class he was going to "take it to find his family" aka- stomp it to pieces outside. He was about 3 inches long.
Just thought you all might enjoy a little laugh (and possibly funny mental picture) for your Wednesday!
Signed,
The Bug Hater
PS- Thankfully I am wearing shorts under my skirt today because it is windy and I have car line duty, so I didn't flash anyone while fluffing my skirt around...a great lesson/reminder for the girls in our class :). And the are having exterminators come ASAP to spray my classroom.
yyyuuucccckkkk!!!!!! glad he's "gone to find his family" ;)
ReplyDelete