One thing we have been up to is leading DNOW. This is something we truly enjoying doing every year. We had the privledge of leading the 10th graders with our friends Jorden and Whitney this year and it was a BLAST!!! The groups of kids we worked with were great and God was really moving through all of the students involved. I don't have too many pictures, but here is what I've got...
The girls at our serive project
The girls studying God's work
School has also been very busy for me since returning back to school. We had LCA night at the Texas Legends game and it was a blast! Our athletic and cheer teams were recognized, and Justin's cousin Shane got to join us. We had a great time...
I am sad to say that basketball season is nearly over and that this great group of girls are finishing up for the year. It's been a fun one!
My class was thrilled to return from Christmas break and find 2 letters from Marines waiting for us! We wrote a group of injured Marines letters right before the break and 2 wrote us back. We have decided to make them our pen pals. Such special memories...
At recess the other day my students found an ant pile and dug through it to find out if the queen ant really does have wings. Well...26 band aids later it was confirmed that she does.
(this is only part of the pile of wrappers because I had scooped some off into the trash can before deciding to take a picture).
One of my new years resolutions is to try new recipes, so last week I thought I'd give one a try. Let me tell you that is smelled AMAZING...it looked almost identical to the picture...and it tasted like old soggy meat loaf. Justin was such a good sport about trying to eat it, but once we made eye contact we both knew we couldn't choke down much more than a few bites. We ended up eating cereal (me) and taquitos (Justin). Guess I can scratch that one off the list!
We also went to a surprise party for our friend Kristin Fida, gone out on a few dates, had dinner with friends, and tried to get in a work out or two when we can.
We've been able to have some down time at home with Reese which also nice. As you can see, Reese still seems to think he is a tiny lap dog...
We've been busy, busy...but thats our life and we love it!



No comments:
Post a Comment