When I went back to school on Tuesday my students had added my name to the prayer request wall and said they had all been praying I would recover quickly and come back to school soon. That just melts my heart. I know their prayers worked because I am thankful to be in full recovery mode now!
Wednesday I came back to my classroom after Chapel and found this sitting on my desk...
A Route 44 Cherry Dr. Pepper was EXACTLY what I needed to make it through the rest of my already long day. Thank you PTF!
Then on Thursday, one of my sweet parents brought me this "just because". It was delicious, and yes, I ate every bite without sharing!
Friday Justin left to go dove hunting with some Tech buddies. They left late afternoon and got home around 2 yesterday. They seemed to have a great time hanging out together and getting to be in the great out doors. Here are the pictures they took:
They went shopping for food when they got there and this is what they picked. Nutritious huh? I'm just surprised it last them all weekend!
Poor little bunny. Justin promised me it was an attack bunny and not an innocent little bunny looking for food, but I'm not sure I believe him.
He also sent me this picture of the beautiful sunset!
*this is the only part of the trip I wish I had been there for
Well the boys left on Friday afternoon and that is when the girls (their wives) arrived at my house! We had our own little "stay-cation"/girls weekend complete with a shopping trip, yummalicious yogurt, a trip to the lake, and movie night! We had a great time together.
Whitney's parents have a lake house so we spent Saturday afternoon enjoying the beautiful weather outside. I wasn't sure how Reese would like the lake (since he seems to hate being in water and/or being wet), but much to my surprise he loved it! Whitney started walking into the water and called his name, and he followed her all the way in! I only got a picture of him when he first got in because I didn't want to chance dropping my phone in the water, but I was so proud of him! He got out in the water until he was wet up to his neck and then realized he couldn't touch. It was hilarious to watch him swim/paddle/jump through the water to get to the shallow part.
After our busy weekend, by the nap time on Sunday Reese was exhausted! I gave him a treat and he fell asleep trying to eat it.
Now another busy week begins! Hope everyone has a great week!



No comments:
Post a Comment