Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Happenings

Summer is flying by, but it has not been exactly like I had planned. Here's what been going on:

Justin was a groomsman in his friend Nate's wedding in Lubbock. It was great to see everyone there, and the best part is that the bride and groom (the Miller's) now live less than 5 minutes away! Woo-hoo!!


This is how Reese would have liked to ride in the car to Lubbock. Don't worry, he only stayed there about 10 minutes. This was his way of asking for a potty break.


Justin and I at the wedding

The next weekend Justin went on a hunting trip and I went on a girls trip to Austin.


This is the only picture of him from the trip, but I'm shocked to have this one! Thanks for the picture dad!


The girls at dinner

Justin and I got back from our own mini-adventures to sadly find ourselves heading to an all to familiar place...the hospital. My LEFT lung collapsed Monday night and Tuesday I went in for surgery. This time it was a little more invasive because my heart is on the left side so they had to be more careful. I stayed in the hospital for a week and was finally sent home Tuesday. I still have my chest tube in, and will hopefully get it taken out next week. PLEASE pray that I continue to recover and will get this thing out ASAP. As you can imagine it is very uncomfortable. I'm keeping my spirits up though. We have had lots of visitors (both at the hospital and at home), lots of help with Reese while I was in the hospital- thank you Alesha and Ty, tons of help from my mom and grandparents during the day while Justin had to go into work, and some very tasty meals from our friends. I have to say though, Reese is the best medicine...

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 06, 2010

    Ahhh! Home Sweet Home! So glad you are home from the hospital without the tube. Hallelujah! Please take care dear! Mahma King

    ReplyDelete