Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm back!

I know it's been a long time since my last post, but I have been trying to enjoy what is left of my summer. Here's the latest on us:

My chest tube is out and my scar is healing quite nicely. Thanks to modern day medicine they were able to use a superglue like substance to close my incisions instead of stitches. It makes it a smoother, thinner scar (not that many people will ever be able to see it anyway). Ever since I've been home, I've been feeling great and going about everyday life.

Justin turned 25 on July 10th and for his birthday I surprised him with Rangers tickets for him and 16 of our closest family and friends :) Those who were able to, met at my parents house before the game for a mini-party. Naturally my camera died in the car before we got there, so these are pictures from friends cameras, and a video courtsey of my friend Tosha.









Last week had the opportunity to house sit/baby sit for some friends of ours. I used to nanny for their little girl, Emma, and she is precious! I had a great time minus one little detail. SHE LIKED JUSTIN MORE THAN ME!! At first I thought it was cute that she was giving him some attention, but when she would say , "Not you. I need Juuuuuuuuustin" I got a little bummed. I think she liked that Justin would share anything off his plate with her (because anything I gave her was "ucky" even if it was the exact same thing), play outside in the sprinklers with her, carry her whatever she wanted to go, and made sure she was always 100% entertained. When asked she will tell you that Justin says "Woo-hoo!!" and that I say "No, no, no." Justin thinks it's hilarious, and I think he bribed her to say that. In the end, her unlimited supply of hugs and kisses reaffirmed her love for me AND Justin :)

We took Emma to the splash park and she loved it!!
Here she is all ready to go!








We also took her on a long walk with Reese. She would yell "go faster Reese!" and honk the horn on her car. It took no time at all for him to pick up the pace because he was afraid of the noise her car made!


Justin and Emma watching some cartoons before bed


Justin also had his last softball game of the season this week. His team finished in 1st place and had a great season! It is always fun to watch them play and get to chat with the other wives and fans.

After the guys played their final game the decided to scrimage the other HGBC team since the team they were supposed to play never showed up. It was a mix of random people playing, but here are the three people I was cheering for...Justin, Brad and Chelsea!! Chelsea loves to play softball so Justin asked her to play on their team with him since they "needed" some extra players. She had a great time!

They are warming up in the outfield, but thats the best picture I could get


All three of them with their injuries. Justin's is a result of sliding into 3rd (it happened a couple of weeks ago, still healing), Brad some how managed to scrape his knees while playing catcher, and Chelsea got a tiny scrape stealing 2nd base AND get her new school shoes dirty (that was her main concern).


And I can't forget about Reese! He has been enjoying me being home and doing a very good job of keeping me company. Did I mention he is officially free to roam!?! We are so proud of him :) His "house" now stays in the attic and we will only get it down we we go out of town. Can't believe my baby is growing up...

Reese also got to have a sleepover with his friend Tucker. We watched our friends Doug and Sara boxer puppy while they were out of town and they had a great time


Ok, I think that's about all I've got for now. I'll try to post again before I go back to school. In the meantime, if you need me I will be out by the pool!

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad too! We had a blast last night and cant wait for more fun nights!! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The party looked awesome and what a sweet thing to do! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete