Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Teacher Appreciate Week, Growth and Development, Mother's Day & More!

This past week was Teacher Appreciation Week at school. My kids were so sweet and had drawn lots of pictures for me, and brought goodies to give me. Here are some of the things I got.

This pencil is made out of Rollo's and a Hershey kiss. This family is SO creative :)


Another student gave me this and said, "Here you go. It's for you AND Reese. I wasn't sure when his birthday was, but I thought you would both like it". :)


They seem to have figured out what my favorite colors are!


This pen is completely covered in duct tape. She told me "it's to keep my hands from getting slippery when writing". I didn't know I had that problem, but I'm glad to have a pen that is guaranteed to fix it!


We also got to go out to lunch one day last week and a PTA parent came and watched my class while I was out. It was such a nice treat!

Last week was also the week we showed the 4th grade Growth and Development Video. The kids were very giggly (as expected) and had some really funny comments, not all of which are appropriate to share. Here are some that are:
FYI- This year I was the teacher who sat in on the boys video while the nurse talked to them, and my teaching partner was in the girls room.

Girl Student- "Growing up is disgusting. I'm going to refuse to let some of that stuff happen to me!"

Boy student- "Mrs. Luddeke, do teachers have to get their parents to sign a permission slip for them to watch this video too?"

Boy student to a girl student- "Poor Mrs. Luddeke had to sit in on the boys video yesterday. I bet she had A LOT of questions for Mr. Luddeke when she got home."

Haha...kids!

Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day by going to lunch with my parents after church, and then I went shopping with my mom. Now if you have never been shopping with my mom and I, I have to tell you that it is quite an experience. We "shop with purpose" and can almost always find a deal! We decide what we are looking for, what color, what size and we are off. We were able to find a black sweater, swimsuit cover up and the perfect pair of black summer sandals in less than 2 hours. Did I mention we went to 6 stores that were not within walking distance from each other? Hey, when you're good, you're good :)

We couldn't be with Justin's mom this year, but we are going to see her in a few weeks so we will celebrate with her then. We love you Pam!!

After our shopping trip, I decided to come home and take a nap! Reese decided to join me, but seemed to keep needing more space. He already had about 99% of the couch but seemed to need just a little more. This is how he slept. All smashed up against me.


"Happy Mother's Day Mom. Now move over..."

Only 16 more school days until summer!!!

2 comments:

  1. Those were very creative gifts! Just like you! You're a great mom to Reese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, cool presents! i am going to copy the rolos and hershey kiss idea for brooklyn's teacher next year!

    ReplyDelete