Monday, May 7, 2012

Last Week Recap

This weekend was a busy one, but a good one. Thursday night we had 2 weekend visitors join us for the weekend...Sadie and Sam! Their parents (Jeremy and Courtney) are in Hawaii so they are staying a few nights with us. Ready for bed
Sadie was a great errand running partner
After a fun roll in the mud, Sam got a shower
Just hanging out...
Thursday night was also a big night for the Hunters' Glen team. They beat an undefeated team 20-19 with only a minute to spare!
Friday night, Justin planned a date night for us. We went to dinner and a movie which is always fun. I love spending time with my man just us :). Saturday morning Justin went to the lake with Jorden to help do some work to prepare for this coming weekend's stay out there. They mainly cleared away tree limbs that had blown down in the past few weeks storms, mowed, edged, and sprayed for bugs. It will be nice that all the work is done when we go out there next weekend so we can play on the jet skis and boat :). While Justin was gone, I did some things around the house and then decided to mow (it was my workout and tanning time for the day). The yard looks great, but look what happened to my poor thumb...
That afternoon Whitney and I went to a baby shower for our friend Caroline who is expecting a little boy very soon. Here is part of his gift. Isn't it cute?!
My friend Jessica had her baby shower at the same time so I wasn't able to go, but look at the cute burp cloths I got her. Hopefully Avery will love the softness of them.
After the baby shower, Whitney and I met the guys out at the lake. It was BEAUTIFUL weather and we loved being able to spend some time on the boat. Here are the pictures we took (I forgot my camera, so I didn't get as many as I would have liked). Justin fishing
Micheal and Jorden fishing
LOVE this girl :)
Late night ride in the boat
We went home late Saturday night and were EXHAUSTED Sunday morning, but managed to make it to church and our SS picnic. And I am so glad we did. Warren Samuels preached and awesome sermon and we had a blast at the park with our Sunday School class. While at the park Lexi and L.E were jumping in the pond fetching balls when out of no where Reese splashed in right behind them. I couldn't believe it! I was a little nervous at first because he seemed very unsure of what to do, but it turned out fine. He was so funny to watch! He was mostly walking on his back legs and trying to swim with his front paws. No fear at all!
Look out big of a splash Reese is making compared to Lexi, haha!
We tried to get a group picture of the dogs before we left and this was the best we could get. Lexi, Reese, Dixie, L.E.
Of course when we got home and we went to give him a back he stood in the tub with all fours spread out like he was going to drown in the inch of water that was circulating at his feet. Silly dog... One thing was for sure, swimming sure did make him tired!
Can't wait for this coming weekend to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment