Saturday, April 21, 2012

April Happenings...

Softball
Softball has been in full swing! I have had to miss a few games do to work, but that hasn't slowed them down. Guess they don't rely on me for luck as much this season ;)


Aren't they handsome?!

Around the house
We replaced our front door handle and I am VERY happy with how it turned out. The old one was the original handle from when we moved in and was beginning to look its age. I am happy to report that our new one looks better than ever!

Before-


Pa came over to give Justin a hand...


After-

We also got rid of the old water hose "house" (the ugly box you roll it into) and replaced it with a wall mount. So glad Justin is handy...


Athletic Awards Banquet
We had an athletic banquet for cheer a few weekends ago and it went wonderful. Our guest speaker was the Dallas Mavericks GM. He brought his championship ring and let all the coaches try it on. Talk about bling!!


10K
I ran my first 10K last weekend. That is 6.4 miles to be exact. My goals were 1- not be last and 2- finish in less than an hour and a half. Check and check! I also placed second in my age group, but since there were only 2 of us, I can't brag to heavily about that :). I think the .4 part was the longest length of the race because everyone kept saying, "just a little further and you're done!" The word little is relative after running 6 miles. I am happy that I did it, but I don't think I'll be doing another one anytime soon.

This is my friend Carly and I before the race. It was SUPER early so excuse the crazy hair and no make-up look.


Rangers
Justin has had the opportunity to go to a few Rangers game this season already and is loving it. I like going to games, but not nearly as much as he does! This is a view from his seat when we went with his cousin Shane. Not too shabby, huh? He also got to go below the stadium and meet the umpires and look around a little.


Sara Evans Concert
Last weekend we went with our friends Jorden and Whitney to the Sara Evans concert. It was a BLAST! It was a fundraiser that Whitney's dad was a part of so we got VIP seating. Dinner was delicious, the music was great and we even got a signed Sara Evans CD. Thanks again for the invite guys!!





Can't believe that May is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment